Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs): Dental Implants
How can we help you?
Our entire team is passionate about dentistry and providing personalised dentistry for the patients in our community. If you have queries about our practitioners, the services we offer, or your treatment, we welcome you to call or email us for a fast response. Below, you will find common questions from our patients. We are available to answer yours.
One of the many benefits of dental implants is that they are easy to care for. Unlike dentures, which wearers need to remove for cleaning—many people envision the dentures in the glass of water at the bedside—you can care for dental implants the same way you do your natural teeth.
When you opt for dental implants in Kew East, VIC to replace one or more missing teeth, our dentist will provide you with instructions for maintaining your oral health. These include:
- Brushing and flossing on the same schedule as with your natural teeth: twice a day for brushing and once a day for flossing (usually at bedtime.
- Avoiding biting into hard lollies or ice, and never using your teeth as tools.
- Visiting your dentist for routine examinations and cleans. Although your dental implants cannot develop tooth decay, you are still vulnerable to gum disease. Only your dentist can tell for sure if you are maintaining good gum health.
If you would like to learn more about dental implants in Kew East, VIC we welcome your call to our dental surgery. Our patients who have opted for dental implants like them so much, they often say their only regret is that they didn’t get them sooner.
A dental implant is a prosthetic tooth replacement designed to mimic natural teeth. Consisting of both an implant post and crown, the final result looks and feels most like a natural tooth compared to other tooth replacement options.
The Dental Implant Process
At General and Cosmetic Dentistry, we use 3-D cone beam technology to identify and plan for surgical placement of the titanium post. Titanium is a biocompatible metal that integrates with natural bone to create a stable, fixed option for tooth replacement.
Once the healing process occurs, we can place a dental implant crown on top of the implant post to fill the gap in your smile and restore normal function. One of the many benefits of dental implants is that patients can enjoy an unrestricted diet once treatment is complete.
Caring for dental implants is convenient as it is like caring for your natural teeth. Good home care is essential, and when combined with regular professional dental exams and cleanings, it can protect your natural smile and prolong the life of your dentistry.
Dental Implants in Melbourne
To learn if you are a good candidate for dental implants, we welcome you to contact our Kew East dental clinic and schedule a consultation with our dental surgeon, Dr Baker Hamdi. We look forward to helping you regain a smile that gives you confidence in your appearance and allows you to eat the foods you love.
Patients of our Kew East, VIC dental clinic who have had dental implants often report the following advantages:
- Dental implants look and feel very much like the natural tooth. Since dental implants are surgically placed into the jawbone, they become integrated into the body. Once the implant heals—usually over a period of several months, depending on the patient—and is topped with a natural-looking dental crown, people can barely tell the difference between the implant and their natural tooth.
- Unlike with dentures and bridges, there are no eating restrictions with dental implants. Because dental implants are stable, chewing is easy—and no foods are off-limits.
- The stability of dental implants means speaking is natural—unlike with dentures, which can slide out of please, even with denture adhesive.
- Caring for dental implants is easy. Treat them as you would your natural teeth, brushing at least twice a day and flossing once. Although the implants themselves cannot develop decay, it’s still crucial that you protect the health of your gums around the implants. Be sure to visit your dentist twice each year for check-ups and cleans.
If you’d like to learn more about dental implants at our Kew East, VIC dental clinic, we invite you to give us a call on (03) 9859 1187 or (03) 9859 2749.